General recommendations for a walk to be published
Please read some existing walk sheets to help you understand these recommendations.
The guidance below is a summary of our recommendations. Please don’t hesitate to seek advice from a moderator or the forum.
- Ensure you are the author of the information you enter or have the author’s explicit permission to publish on the Visorando website.
- If you are writing the description of the walk, you must have been on this walk yourself.
- Plot out the route on the map as accurately as possible or use a GPS track.
- Choose an original title related to the walk
- Your introduction should consist of a few sentences that will make the reader want to go on the walk.
- The description should indicate the directions to follow, changes in direction, and any landmarks.
- For better clarity and consistency, put the numbers of the waypoints at the start of each paragraph.
- Choose a clear and readable style, and use it throughout the description.
- Add any practical details in the Useful Information section (equipment, water, restrictions, etc.)
- Explain what there is to see in the surrounding area in the final section: “During the walk or to do/see around.”
To improve your walk further, we also recommend you read our detailed recommendations for publishing a walk.
Return to Publishing a walk.
Article under Creative Commons licence - Updated on 24/07/20
Created and updated by visorando