The walk starts at Abram by Kingdown Flash (01Start) and follows the anticlockwise circular route via Bickershaw Park and Fan Lodge ponds.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
The car park is an opposite pond.
(D/A) Take gate into the pond area. Follow the path around the pond. Take gate onto the path on the north side of houses.
(1) Head south along the path. Turn east along Park Lane. (Maypole field worth a 200m walk west.) Continue East past Motorcross site
(2) Head south on one of many paths. Take one of the paths east on the north side of new houses. Head north along the substantial path. Bear northeast along substantial path. Head north along the path towards the lake.
(3) Head west beside Fir Tree pond. Branch north at the next junction. Branch north-west towards the fishing lake. Take pathway West between ponds.
(4) Bear south-west on the good quality path. Head north-west on Shuttle Hillrock Road.
(5) Take the short path to Fan Lodge fishing pond. Follow path north on the east of the pond. Bear west beside the top of the pond. Cross car park to the footpath on the west side of the fence. Head south along with it. Continue south along the field boundary.
(6) Turn west along the hedge line. Head briefly north around copse. Turn west along the field boundary. Head few yards south to the field boundary. Follow field boundary west to exit gate.
(7) Take path south. Take path west behind houses. Back at the car park. Seat for rest overlooking Kingsdown Flash, Polly's Pond. (D/A)
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 112ft - Car park
1 : mi 0.6 - alt. 131ft - Path
2 : mi 1.56 - alt. 108ft - Path
3 : mi 3.19 - alt. 92ft - Fir Tree pond
4 : mi 4.21 - alt. 135ft - Good quality path
5 : mi 4.81 - alt. 108ft - Fan Lodge fishing pond
6 : mi 5.24 - alt. 131ft - Heron Lodge Farm
7 : mi 5.7 - alt. 131ft - Field Farm
D/A : mi 6.07 - alt. 115ft - Car park
Food and drink available in Abram and Bickershaw.
Parking at start.
More details : http://www.graemelinford.com/walks/bicke...
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
The walk starts from Bickershaw and follows the anticlockwise circular route via Amberswood, Low Hall and Victoria Fields.
Walk starts from Viridor Wood car park and follows anti clockwise circularroute via Viridor Wood and Three Sisters Park.
The walk starts from Pennington Flash car park and follows the anticlockwise circular route via Golborne Park and Lowton.
The walk starts from the car park on Slag Lane and follows a clockwise circular route around Pennington Flash.
Circular walk starting from Wigan Flashes and including Bryn Gates Lane, Viridor Wood and canal towpath.
The walk starts from Mill Lane in Hindley and follows the clockwise circular route via Borsdane Wood and Westhoughton Common.
Walk starts from Hindley Mill Lane and follows anticlockwise circular route via Borsdane Wood, Pennington Green, Kirkless Wood and Hindley Hall.
The walk starts opposite Cowburn St Hindley and follows anti-clockwise circular route around Westhoughton Common.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.