Great walk from Alderley Edge to Bradbury Lane and through The Wizard.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) This walk begins in the main car park at Alderley Edge. Make your way out of the car park towards the Wizard restaurant and tearooms. Turn right along the track towards Stormy Point. Follow this track for a short distance and then turn right across fields towards Edge House Farm and then to Hill Top Farm.
(1) Follow the route turning right towards Adders Moss Farm and then to Macclesfield Road.
(2) Cross the Macclesfield Road and take the footpath directly ahead through Finlow Wood and turn right at Finlow Hill Lane. Continue straight on towards Finlow Hill.
(3) When the road turns sharply right, take the path across Finlow Hill to Bradbury Lane. There are some lovely Beech trees along this stretch.
(4) Turn right up leafy Bradbury Lane and back up to the top of Finlow Hill Lane.
(5) Turn left just before Macclesfield Road through Windmill Wood. Turn right at Artists Lane and cross Macclesfield Road back to the car park. Artist's Lane is worth exploring with its picturesque cottages and magnificent beech trees.(D/A)
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 607ft - Car park
1 : mi 0.55 - alt. 512ft - Hill Top Farm
2 : mi 1.09 - alt. 581ft - Macclesfield Road
3 : mi 1.61 - alt. 600ft - Sharp right turn
4 : mi 2.13 - alt. 449ft - Bradbury Lane
5 : mi 2.69 - alt. 604ft - Macclesfield Road
D/A : mi 3.01 - alt. 604ft - Car park
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
A very pleasant walk at any time of the year, but particularly good in spring when the bluebells are out. This walk is a little steep up towards Clock House Woods. There are lovely views all along the route, beautiful woodlands and a small Lake as you enter the grounds of Hare Hill. Hare Hill has a colorful display of Rhododendrons in Spring and the walled gardens are well worth a visit. Hare Hill is a National Trust Property.
This walk takes you to some of the highlights of Alderley Edge.
A fine church, a historic watermill, and some lesser-known paths on Alderley Edge.
A more complete exploration of Alderley Edge, with a return route via farmland.
Great circular walk from Nether Alderley to Hocker Lane.
Lovely flat walk from Heyes Lane to Prestbury Road.
There are a few farms along the route, farm animals to see and a surprising number of wildflowers.
This pleasant walk takes in some less well known parts of Wilmslow and Alderley Edge. There are lots of horses along this route and some pleasant views of Alderley Edge and its big houses.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.