The walk starts from Bickershaw and follows the anticlockwise circular route via Amberswood, Low Hall and Victoria Fields.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Take the path heading north beside houses. Turn right and after a few meters tur left. Follow the path going northeast and then north until you reach an intersection. There, go slightly right.
(1) Turn left down the heap and right at the next intersection.
(2) Turn left and make way downslope to the lower path heading west between two ridges. When the lower path becomes difficult to follow transfer to the southern ridge and continue west. Take the path upside of the bridge and head north. If passable, can be very wet, take the official path west. As alternative use paths on adjacent slag heap to bypass boggy path. Follow track west. Continue north on the track. Head west via the roundabout on Close Lane to Parks Road.
(3) Head north briefly on Park Lane. Take the path at the west end of Grange Street. Continue west along the path between two fences. Take path north-west towards houses.
(4) Cross the main road to park entrance on the south side of houses. Take path north-west. Follow path west. Take the path north away from the lake. Follow path west.
(5) Take path south. Take path south-west. Follow the path south-east. Continue south-east on the path. Head south by the lake.
(6) Exit park by Crompton Street and cross the road into the car park opposite into Low Hall Reserve.
(7) Take footbridge over the stream. May way up railway embankment, take track east. Leave rail track on the south side and take track closest to rail track. Continue south on path.
(8) Turn east just before reaching remembrance bench. Then, turn south and continue back to start.(D/A)
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 125ft - Bickershaw
1 : mi 0.73 - alt. 148ft - Heap
2 : mi 1.2 - alt. 157ft - Downslope
3 : mi 1.76 - alt. 151ft - Park Lane
4 : mi 2.37 - alt. 118ft - Liverpool Road
5 : mi 3.1 - alt. 125ft - Amberswood
6 : mi 3.84 - alt. 121ft - Crompton Street
7 : mi 4.19 - alt. 115ft - Footbridge
8 : mi 5.43 - alt. 121ft - Bench
D/A : mi 5.76 - alt. 125ft - Bickershaw
Food and drink available in Bickershaw.
Parking at start.
More details : http://www.graemelinford.com/walks/amber...
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
The walk starts at Abram by Kingdown Flash (01Start) and follows the anticlockwise circular route via Bickershaw Park and Fan Lodge ponds.
The walk starts from Pennington Flash car park and follows the anticlockwise circular route via Golborne Park and Lowton.
The walk starts from the car park on Slag Lane and follows a clockwise circular route around Pennington Flash.
The walk starts opposite Cowburn St Hindley and follows anti-clockwise circular route around Westhoughton Common.
The walk starts from Mill Lane in Hindley and follows the clockwise circular route via Borsdane Wood and Westhoughton Common.
Walk starts from Hindley Mill Lane and follows anticlockwise circular route via Borsdane Wood, Pennington Green, Kirkless Wood and Hindley Hall.
Walk starts from Viridor Wood car park and follows anti clockwise circularroute via Viridor Wood and Three Sisters Park.
Circular walk starting from Wigan Flashes and including Bryn Gates Lane, Viridor Wood and canal towpath.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.