6 mile circular walk starting from Clock Face park then taking 'Ladies Walk' between Bold New and Old Halls to Bold Heath. The return section includes a disused railway track and The Dream sculpture.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Take gate from the car park and follow path South beside the fishing pond. The path bears east (left) at the south end of the pond. At paths, junction turn south (right) downslope. Cross footbridge and following winding path northeast along the edge of the park.
(1) Turn south (right) along Hall Lane.
(2) Leave the tarmac path via the footpath on the east (left). Take path West (right) beside Griffin Wood's information board.
(3) When the path is in sight of M62 turn east (left) and follow the footpath initially parallel to M62 then bear away from
(4) Turn sharp southeast (right) taking path beside pond towards motorway bridge. Take the footbridge south over M62 and follow the path south.
(5) Upon reaching Old Hall Rd turn south (right) Turn West (right) along Warrington Road. Refreshments are available on this stage.
(6) Turn north (right) off Warrington Rd first by driveway then by footpath over farmland. Cross Tibbs Cross Lane and follow driveway and footpath opposite.
(7) Turn north (right) initially along footpath then down onto disused rail track. After passing under M62 head northwest (left) upslope.
(8) Pass by the base of Dream sculpture taking path briefly north then east (right) downslope.
(9) Opposite pond, follow path east (right) as is runs behind houses of Abbotts Hall Ave. Carefully cross Clock Face Road to continue east. Enter Clock Face Park and make your way back to the car park.(D/A)
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 154ft - Clock Face Car Park
1 : mi 0.66 - alt. 144ft - Hall Lane
2 : mi 1 - alt. 138ft - Kennel House
3 : mi 1.46 - alt. 108ft - M62
4 : mi 1.77 - alt. 105ft - Sharp Turn
5 : mi 2.19 - alt. 98ft - Old Hall
6 : mi 3.32 - alt. 98ft - Warrington Rd
7 : mi 3.95 - alt. 154ft - Railtrack
8 : mi 4.53 - alt. 256ft - The Dream
9 : mi 4.95 - alt. 157ft - Abbotts Hall
D/A : mi 5.62 - alt. 154ft - Clock Face Park
Route in detail with images : www.graemelinford.com/walks/bold_heath.html
Parking at start WA9 4SE.
Refreshments available on Warrington Rd before (6)
Bold Hall History : https://www.suttonbeauty.org.uk/suttonhi...
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Clock Face Park
Bold New Hall
Bold New Hall
Walk 'Ladies Way' between the halls
The Dream sculpture
Sutton Hall Park
5m circular route beginning at Clock Face Park onto Wheatacre Reserve and returning via Colliery Moss.
Starting at Sutton Manor Park visiting The Dream sculpture, Clockface Country Park, Sutton Mill Dam, Brickfields Nature Reserve and Daisyfields Reserve.
Pictures, KML, GPX at
Starting from Burtonwood passing 15c moated Bradlegh Hall on way to Sankey Brook and historic Sankey Canal. The canal, the first in the UK, built to carry coal from Haydock to Liverpool in 1757. Good view of Sankey Viaduct the world's first substantial viaduct built by George Stephenson in 1830 for the world's first intercity rail line. Having completed the canal section the route makes use of farm tracks to return to start.
More info : http://www.graemelinford.com/walks/burto...
5m circular route crossing Carr Mill via causeway onto a rising farmland section leading to Newton Rd. Extensive views over Mersey Plain, Manchester and Cheshire Heights from this midway point. Return route is via open farmland leading to woodland section back to lakeside.
Circular walkleaving Billinge by Garswood Rd, crossing Barton Clough on route to Chair Wood and then via Longshaw to top of Billinge Hill before descending back to Billinge. Excellent views over Merseyside, Pennines, Welsh and Cheshire hills from the highest point in Merseyside.
6m circular walk starting from the base of Billinge Hill and ascending it to enjoy views from the highest point in Merseyside. The descent passes through woodland on route to Orrell Waterpark. The return route follows the west flank of Billinge Hill with more great views over Welsh and Cheshire hills back to start.
Walk starts from Viridor Wood car park and follows anti clockwise circularroute via Viridor Wood and Three Sisters Park.
More details : http://www.graemelinford.com/walks/bamfu...
Starting from Orrell Waterpark then follows lower slopes of Billinge Hill before ascending to Winstanley College and back to the waterpark. Good views over Mersey, Winter Hill and Cheshire hills.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.