The walk starts from Mill Lane in Hindley and follows the clockwise circular route via Borsdane Wood and Westhoughton Common.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Parking available in Hindley Mill Lane.
(D/A) From the car park, take the lane heading north. Pass under the railway and keep going to the north through Borsdane Wood.
(1) Exit wood by turning right up hill and through farm buildings. Cross wide dyke taking track south east towards Taylor Farm.
(2) From Taylor Farm, take Dodd Lane north on west side of buildings. Once at Radcliffe House Farm, turn right and continue south east towards north side of coppice.
(3) Follow Long Lane and turn right just before Willow Bank and along edge of golf course. Carefully head west across golf course. Then, keep going west across field.
(4) At Wilson's Farm, turn left onto Jack's Lane through farm buildings. Turn right on the track just before the railway.
(5) Turn left at pond and keep going south to Higher Barn Farm.
(6) Leave track to take the footpath on your right beside the farm. Carefully follow footpath downslope. Take steps down to main path heading south. Take the tunnel and you're back to start.(D/A)
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 210ft - Hindley Mill Lane car park
1 : mi 1.55 - alt. 338ft - Borsdane Wood
2 : mi 1.91 - alt. 351ft - Taylor Farm
3 : mi 2.64 - alt. 371ft - Long Lane
4 : mi 3.53 - alt. 315ft - Wilson's Farm
5 : mi 4.34 - alt. 279ft - Pond
6 : mi 4.67 - alt. 259ft - Footpath
D/A : mi 4.92 - alt. 210ft - Hindley Mill Lane car park
Parking at start.
Food and drink available in Hindley.
More details : http://www.graemelinford.com/walks/borsd...
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Walk starts from Hindley Mill Lane and follows anticlockwise circular route via Borsdane Wood, Pennington Green, Kirkless Wood and Hindley Hall.
The walk starts opposite Cowburn St Hindley and follows anti-clockwise circular route around Westhoughton Common.
The walk starts from Bickershaw and follows the anticlockwise circular route via Amberswood, Low Hall and Victoria Fields.
The walk starts at Abram by Kingdown Flash (01Start) and follows the anticlockwise circular route via Bickershaw Park and Fan Lodge ponds.
The walk starts at Westwood Road Wigan in order to join the canal and head south. On leaving the canal the route passes through Wigan Flashes and Turners Flash before heading back to start.
Circular walk starting from Wigan Flashes and including Bryn Gates Lane, Viridor Wood and canal towpath.
Walk starts from Viridor Wood car park and follows anti clockwise circularroute via Viridor Wood and Three Sisters Park.
The walk starts from Pennington Flash car park and follows the anticlockwise circular route via Golborne Park and Lowton.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.