Circular walk from Cornwood, some on roads, skirting the Western edge of Hangar Down.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Starting from Cornwood Square, head northeast passing Cornwood Village Stores. Continue on the lane to Vicarage Bridge.
(1) Continue on road, ignoring left turn to Yeo, past Wisdome Farm. Continue uphill for about 1km.
(2) About 40m before Hall Cross (signposted), turn sharp right at Footpath sign on right of lane and go through the gate. Keep to the right and, after 20m go through gate onto stone walled footpath. Follow the stone walled path.
(3) Pass through gate and cross path into a field. Following footpath signs cross field to second lane. Cross this lane into another field. Keep to left with stone wall on your left.
(4) Pass through wooden gate, turn left and then go through metal gate on to lane. Turn right and walk to Hangar Cottage.
(5) Take right turn after Hangar Cottage. Continue downhill to Coriander Cottage at Moor Cross.
(6) Turn right onto the road taking you back to Cornwood Square.(D/A)
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 410ft - Cornwood Square
1 : mi 0.67 - alt. 390ft - Vicarage Bridge
2 : mi 1.51 - alt. 656ft - Hall Cross
3 : mi 2.07 - alt. 482ft - Gate
4 : mi 2.37 - alt. 459ft - Gate
5 : mi 2.77 - alt. 430ft - Hangar Cottage
6 : mi 3.02 - alt. 295ft - Bond Street
D/A : mi 3.74 - alt. 410ft - Cornwood Square
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Global average : 5/5
Number of opinions : 1
Description quality : 5/5
Routemap quality : 5/5
Walk interest : 5/5
Many thanks Jihan ! Hope you'll like your next walk with Visorando as much as the two first ! and the next one, and the next one,...
Aurélie - Community manager.
Global average : 5 / 5
Date of walk
Description quality : Very good
Routemap quality : Very good
Walk interest : Very good
Second walk using this app. This is THE BEST walking app I’ve found. So easy to use and I’ve found walks I love on my doorstep!
Can’t wait for next weekend to find more… Also it’s great in advance as we are planning walks whilst we are on holiday in the cotswolds and Scotland this year - really enjoying it so far!
Mixed road and moorland walk taking in beautiful ancient oak woodland and high moorland views.
A circular walk, some on roads, crossing Hangar Down.
Varied walk including ancient forest, a Quarry lake and open moorland. Fabulous views across to Plymouth Sound.
Walk across high moor above River Erme passing ancient oak woodland of Piles Copse.
Amazing views over the China clay works, mica pits, and views across to Plymouth sound in one direction and moorland in the other.
Stage 3 takes us right into the Dartmoor National Park and is where the original Two Moors Way starts. Once out of Ivybridge, past the old Stowford Paper Mill and out onto the moors, you really feel that you're on a long-distance trail. Look out for the MW signs as you work your way across the tops, through Scorriton to reach Holne.
From the edge of the moors into the AONB. A lovely wander following the valley of the River Erme, in an area where the wild beauty of the moor and the mellow delights of rolling South Devon meet and merge.
A circular walk on Dartmoor, taking in the Avon Dam and its reservoir and part of the Two Moors Way.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.