A circular walk, some on roads, crossing Hangar Down.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Starting from Cornwood Square, head NE passing Cornwood Village Stores. Continue on the lane to Vicarage Bridge. Continue on road, ignoring left turn to Yeo, past Wisdome Farm. Continue uphill for about 1km.
(1) At Hall Cross (signposted) take the track to right. Continue on stony track to gate. Pass through the gate and follow the line of short blue posts across Hangar Down.
(2) Before you reach the end of the line of posts, strike out across the Moor to the right. Find a gate to the footpath in the boundary wall.
(3) Follow a narrow path downhill between stone walls.
(4) When the path emerges on the lane, turn left to follow the lane to Hangar Cottage. Turn right just past Hangar Cottage and take lane downhill to Coriander Cottage at Moor Cross.
(5) Turn right onto the road to return to Cornwood Square.(D/A)
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 410ft - Cornwood Square
1 : mi 1.58 - alt. 666ft - Hall Cross
2 : mi 2.38 - alt. 732ft - Hangar Down
3 : mi 2.93 - alt. 594ft - Stone wall
4 : mi 3.12 - alt. 469ft - Lane
5 : mi 3.77 - alt. 295ft - Moor Cross
D/A : mi 4.42 - alt. 413ft - Cornwood Square
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Mixed road and moorland walk taking in beautiful ancient oak woodland and high moorland views.
Circular walk from Cornwood, some on roads, skirting the Western edge of Hangar Down.
Varied walk including ancient forest, a Quarry lake and open moorland. Fabulous views across to Plymouth Sound.
Walk across high moor above River Erme passing ancient oak woodland of Piles Copse.
Amazing views over the China clay works, mica pits, and views across to Plymouth sound in one direction and moorland in the other.
Stage 3 takes us right into the Dartmoor National Park and is where the original Two Moors Way starts. Once out of Ivybridge, past the old Stowford Paper Mill and out onto the moors, you really feel that you're on a long-distance trail. Look out for the MW signs as you work your way across the tops, through Scorriton to reach Holne.
A circular walk on Dartmoor, taking in the Avon Dam and its reservoir and part of the Two Moors Way.
The Devon village of Yelverton is the start and end point for this walk that includes a circuit of the Burrator Reservoir. The route includes some typical country lanes of the area and views to some of Dartmoor's Tors.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.