This circular walk crosses greenbelt land at Handforth Dean which may soon be built on. This is a great shame as this area is pretty unspoiled.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Start at the Deanwater Hotel and continue along Wilmslow road towards Poynton.
(1) Take the footpath on the left, between the big houses, towards Church Lane.
(2) Turn left at Church Lane and then left onto the footpath to Blossoms Lane. There are some old turkey farms along Blossoms Lane.
(3) Turn right at the intersection of two footpaths onto the footpath towards Dairy House Lane. Continue on to the now derelict Dairy House Farm.
(4) Turn left here just before the farm across fields towards the heath and the A34 bypass. Cross the heath and explore some of the many ponds dotted around the area. Eventually, turn left with the bypass to your right and follow the footpath back towards Blossoms Lane.
(5) Turn right at Blossoms Lane, past another turkey farm on the left, and then some cottages on the right. Continue on through the Beech woods towards Handforth Road.
(6) Turn left at Handforth Road and take a left into Bowden House Lane. A little further down take the footpath on the right and head back towards the Deanwater Hotel and back to the start of the walk.(D/A)
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 272ft - Deanwater Hotel
1 : mi 0.32 - alt. 305ft - Footpath
2 : mi 0.6 - alt. 312ft - Church Lane
3 : mi 1.3 - alt. 282ft - Intersection
4 : mi 1.8 - alt. 276ft - Farm
5 : mi 2.68 - alt. 285ft - Blossoms Lane
6 : mi 3.43 - alt. 282ft - Handforth Road
D/A : mi 4.21 - alt. 276ft - Deanwater Hotel
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Circular walk from Woodford Church passing by woods and fields.
This walk starts from Wilmslow Park and follow River Bollin to Handforth.
Lovely parts of the walk are with swathes of Bluebells along the steep banks down to the River Bollin in Spring.
Nice walk around Wilmslow and across the River Bollin.
A very pleasant walk at any time of the year, but particularly good in spring when the bluebells are out. This walk is a little steep up towards Clock House Woods. There are lovely views all along the route, beautiful woodlands and a small Lake as you enter the grounds of Hare Hill. Hare Hill has a colorful display of Rhododendrons in Spring and the walled gardens are well worth a visit. Hare Hill is a National Trust Property.
This interesting walk through Pownall Park takes in Carnival Fields and St. Olaf's Chapel which was built by the Boddington Family. Sadly, it is now just a ruin. Some of this route follows public footpaths through the Pownall Park area which are now are pretty much back alleys through the area.
Lovely flat walk from Heyes Lane to Prestbury Road.
Beautiful walk from Fulshaw Cross to Alderley Golf Course.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.