A pleasant circuit on the country lanes of Warwickshire.
(D/A) From the lay-by turn left along Rouncil Lane. OS Ref: SP278 695.
(1) Take care as you approach the ford as it can be flooded in times of heavy rain.
If the ford is impassable, use the adjacent footbridge with caution.
(2) At this junction keep left, do not turn into Dirty Lane.
(3) As you see wood and a lane on your right, turn right here.
The lane is called Haseley Mill.
(4) At the end of Haseley Mill, turn left on to Firs Lane, continue along the lane passing the Church of St.
Mary the Virgin, Haseley until you reach the A4177 (Birmingham Road).
(5) Go straight across the Birmingham Road and in succession B4439, the Grand Union canal and railway, Hatton Country World and the M40.
(6) Reaching A4189 (Gannaway Road), turn right then almost immediately left to continue to Norton Lindsey on Curlieu Lane.
(7) At the next junction turn right and then at the next junction turn left towards Wolverton.
Continue along Wolverton Road to Snitterfield.
(8) Here turn left to pass the church of St James the Great and continue straight on.
(9) Here keep left to proceed north up Snitterfield Lane to Norton Lindsey.
(10) As you see the New Inn ahead on the right, turn right immediately before the pub and continue along New Road.
(11) At the end of the road turn left towards Warwick passing over the M40.
(12) At the end of this road, turn left, then right on to A4189 (to Warwick) and then shortly left to Hampton-on-the Hill.
(13) At this T junction, turn left.
(14) Where the main road turns sharp right, carry straight on along Ugly Bridge Lane, follow the lane until it crosses the canal and reaches A4177.
(15) Cross the road to reach the cycle track and turn left to follow the cycle track along the road until a minor road forks off to right at a triangular junction.
(16) Here turn right away from A4177 to proceed north up Beausale Lane.
(17) At a Y junction, fork right into Kite's Nest Lane and continue to the T junction at the north end of the lane.
(18) Turn right here to re-join Rouncil Lane and retrace your route to the lay-by.(D/A)
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 289ft - Lay-by
1 : mi 1.34 - alt. 282ft - Ford
2 : mi 2.62 - alt. 358ft - Junction
3 : mi 3.7 - alt. 354ft - Wood
4 : mi 4.33 - alt. 344ft - End of Haseley Mill
5 : mi 4.95 - alt. 397ft - Birmingham Road
6 : mi 7.41 - alt. 381ft - A4189
7 : mi 7.83 - alt. 374ft - Junction
8 : mi 10.9 - alt. 315ft - St James Church
9 : mi 12.23 - alt. 249ft - Snitterfield Lane
10 : mi 13.33 - alt. 358ft - New Inn
11 : mi 13.57 - alt. 308ft - End of the road
12 : mi 14.95 - alt. 226ft - End of the road
13 : mi 15.33 - alt. 292ft - T junction
14 : mi 15.71 - alt. 282ft - Main road
15 : mi 16.9 - alt. 240ft - Oaklands Farm
16 : mi 17.59 - alt. 302ft - Brownley Green Lane
17 : mi 18.21 - alt. 364ft - Y junction
18 : mi 19.85 - alt. 394ft - Red House Farm Lane
D/A : mi 22.68 - alt. 289ft - Lay-by
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Refreshment opportunities exist at Hatton Country World and the New Inn, Norton Lindsey. There is a few benches along the route including at the interesting churches you pass.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.