This is a lovely walk up a gentle incline to Styperson Pool and above to Long Lane. There are good views towards Alderley Edge and Bollington.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Take the footpath off London Road and cross over the railway bridge.
(1) Continue to Wych Farm, turn left along a track and after a short distance turn right onto a footpath towards Harrop Green Farm. Continue towards Bartons Clough.
(2) Cross Macclesfield Canal and the Middlewood Way. Middlewood Way follows the course of an old railway line and is now used as a recreational path. Continue to Sugar Lane, turn right and then take the footpath on the left alongside Styperson Pool. Continue along this footpath up the hill.
(3) Turn right into Long Lane.
(4) Turn right just before Long Lane Farm and take the footpath to Sugar Lane.
(5) Cross the road and take the path to Holehouse Lane. At the end of the path, turn left and cross the canal and Middlewood Way. Continue along Holehouse Lane and turn right at Peggie's Lane and take the lane to its end.
(6) Continue along the footpath back to the start of the walk.(D/A)
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 335ft - London Road
1 : mi 0.57 - alt. 377ft - Wych Farm
2 : mi 1.49 - alt. 535ft - Macclesfield Canal
3 : mi 2.07 - alt. 745ft - Long Lane
4 : mi 2.48 - alt. 715ft - Long Lane Farm
5 : mi 2.81 - alt. 548ft - Sugar Lane
6 : mi 3.7 - alt. 436ft - Peggie's Lane
D/A : mi 4.57 - alt. 335ft - London Road
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
This delightful walk beginning in the pretty village of Prestbury.
Fine views and supernatural associations. Fairly strenuous.
Riverside walking with a variety of historic May be muddy in places. Several style buildings and pleasant farmland views.
Village, riverside and woodland walking with a historic church and a dog-friendly short-cut.
This walk takes in Bollington Village, Macclesfield Canal and White Nancy along Kerridge Hill.
A rewarding walk to a local country park with superb views over the Cheshire Plain and Peak District.
Short but full of interest, this is a perfect evening stroll to Bollington’s most famous landmark.
Mostly level walking, with an extension to a pretty wooded lake with fine views from the adjacent hills.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.