A straight-forward loop around Commeny passing the Perchay and Chaussée Julus Caesar.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Starting close to the Church, you can park in the Rue de l'Église in Commeny.
(D/A) Join the Grande Rue that you follow to the right.
(1) Take the street on the left just before the bakery in the direction of the Maison du Pain, nearing the water tower located on the left and continue straight ahead.
(2) At the fork, go right and behind a wash-house and continue on the path to the Moulin de Gouline.
(3) Continue and then turn left to come out on the D159.
(4) Climb to the right staying on the right-hand-side of the road.
(5) At the top of the hill, take the path on the right (marked JC4), walk down to the Étang de la Vallière pond and going around it. Pass the mill with the same name and reach the D51.
(6) Follow this road to the left and (7) after the signpost, take the narrow GR®-marked path bordered by trees. Walk along the Vallée aux Moine and get to the Perchay. Leave the GR® and continue straight ahead along the Grande Rue to pass the church and walk along road until the D66.
(8) Turn right and then at the next intersection climb up left on the D51 in the direction of the silos (agricultural cooperative).
(9) Turn right on the Chaussée Jules Caesar and continue on this path
(10) Pass the first intersection close to Gouzangrez, crossing the D66, and keep going.
(11) At the junction with a road, fork right to reach Commency. After point (1), turn left to find the Rue de l'Eglise (D/A).
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 361ft - Rue de l'Eglise
1 : mi 0.1 - alt. 354ft - Bakery
2 : mi 0.67 - alt. 308ft - Right at the fork
3 : mi 1.68 - alt. 236ft - Moulin de Gouline
4 : mi 2.23 - alt. 236ft - D159 Junction
5 : mi 2.59 - alt. 285ft - Right-hand path (marked JC4)
6 : mi 3.71 - alt. 220ft - Leave Vallière
7 : mi 3.79 - alt. 210ft - Right on the GR
8 : mi 5.23 - alt. 308ft - Turn right
9 : mi 5.63 - alt. 335ft - Enter the Chaussée Jules César
10 : mi 6.71 - alt. 358ft - Intersection with the D66
11 : mi 7.6 - alt. 367ft - Leave the Chaussée Jules César
D/A : mi 8.31 - alt. 361ft - Rue de l'Eglise
We advise taking IGN maps with you on this walk. Click here to buy : 2113ET.
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Depending on the day and season, in Commeny you can visit the Musée du Pain (museum of bread)
From point (9) to point (11), the walk follows the Chaussée Jules César, a remnant of a Roman road linking Paris to Rouen.
For more information
The French Vexin region has numerous megalithic sites dating from the late third millennium B.C. This walk gives you the chance to visit a dolmen in a perfect state of preservation. As you stroll through the fields and woods, you will also be able to see some lovely churches and castles.
Walk starting from Chars SNCF station passing the Château de Saint-Cyr-sur-Chars.
On the way back to Chars there is a narrow pedestrian passage that starts with a staircase.
A very varied hike that combines:
- Regional Forest of the Roche-Guyon,
- A beautiful, quiet valley,
- The town of La Roche and its castle,
- and finally, a scenic route overlooking the Seine.
A beautiful walk through stunning and varied landscapes. Historic detours along the way.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.