The walk starts from Lunt Village, Sefton and follows the anticlockwise circular route via River Alt, Cheshire Lines railtrack, River Alt and briefly Mersey Forest.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Take Moor Lane north past the metal gate.
(1) Follow the path as it turns east. Continue on the main path as it turns north.
(2) Cross Shiowrick Bridge. If a field on the north side of the bridge is dry take steps down and cross the field to train line otherwise follow northside levee to the disused train line.
(3) Turn north on Chesire Lines disused railway line.
(4) Turn south west follow the track alongside Maghull Hey Croft watercourse.
(5) After pumping station takes the path to the top of River Alt levee and follow it south east. Take Showrick Bridge south over River Alt and follow the path south.
(6) At path, junction continue south.
(7) Take footbridge over Harrisons Brook and follow path briefly West before continuing south through the wood.
(8) Turn west along the path on the south side of the wood.
(9) Turn south on Moor Lane back to start.(D/A)
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 23ft - Start
1 : mi 0.29 - alt. 10ft - Moor Lane
2 : mi 0.57 - alt. 13ft - Shiowrick Bridge
3 : mi 1.11 - alt. 23ft - Cheshire Line
4 : mi 2.22 - alt. 20ft - Rail End
5 : mi 3.37 - alt. 16ft - River Alt
6 : mi 4.89 - alt. 13ft - Sefton
7 : mi 5.03 - alt. 16ft - Harrisons Brook
8 : mi 5.1 - alt. 26ft - Farm
9 : mi 5.23 - alt. 20ft - Moor Again
D/A : mi 5.32 - alt. 23ft - End
Food and drink are available in Sefton and Thornton.
Parking at the start.
Bus 133 runs to Lunt village.
More details : http://www.graemelinford.com/walks/lunt_...
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Cheshire Lines disused rail track
The walk starts from Sefton Village and follows a clockwise circular route via Sefton Mill site Sefton Meadows, Cheshire Lines railtrack, River Alt and briefly Mersey Forest.
The walk starts from Bell's Lane in Lydiate and follows clockwise circular route via disused railway lane and canal towpath. A possible brief detour to St Catherine's Chapel and the oldest pub in Lancashire, Scotch Piper None.
A circular route starting from Maghull centre initially following the canal and then disused rail track before heading beside Melling Brook to outskirts of Melling. Final section rejoins canal back to start.
The City of Liverpool offers the walker many sights to explore. This walk takes in the key attractions and provides the basis for a half day introduction to the City.
The walk starts from Wayfarers pub Parbold and follows the clockwise circular route via Leeds Liverpool canal, Fairy Glen and Parbold Hill.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.