Circular and flat walk from Noahs Ark Lane to Carter Lane.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Turn into the drive of Noahwood House and exit on the left just before meeting the house through a small gate. Walk around the front of the house and follow the path to the right past Springfields and into Warford Lane.
(1) Turn right along Warford Lane and then left across the golf course. Once through the golf course turn right and follow the footpath to Merryman's Lane keeping the hedge on your right.
(2) Turn right at Merryman's Lane and follow this pleasant lane until meeting the footpath on the left towards Chelford Road.
(3) Turn right at Chelford Road. This length of the road has sections with no pavement, so go carefully.
(4) Turn right into Lomas Bottoms and follow the path until Firtree Farm along Carter Lane.
(5) Turn right at the footpath towards Peck Mill Farm and follow the path past the David Lewis Centre to Mill Lane.
(6) Cross Mill Lane and turn right, then left, along the footpath towards Ancoats Lane. This leads through a small housing estate.
(7) Keep to the left along Ancoats Lane and then turn right at the bend in the road and follow the footpath across fields back to Noahs Ark Lane.
(8) Turn right at Noahs Ark Lane and back to the start of the walk.(D/A)
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 213ft - Noahs Ark Lane
1 : mi 0.55 - alt. 240ft - Warford Lane
2 : mi 1.34 - alt. 259ft - Merryman's Lane
3 : mi 2.57 - alt. 282ft - Chelford Road
4 : mi 2.91 - alt. 259ft - Lomas Bottoms
5 : mi 3.74 - alt. 240ft - Footpath
6 : mi 4.72 - alt. 236ft - Mill Lane
7 : mi 5.04 - alt. 240ft - Ancoats Lane
8 : mi 5.5 - alt. 217ft - Noahs Ark Lane
D/A : mi 5.55 - alt. 217ft - Noahs Ark Lane
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Nice and flat walk from Mobberley to Paddockhill Lane.
Great walk through Little Watford, Over Peover, Snelson and Marthall.
Lovely walk around the Wilmslow Golf Course from Chelford Road to Knutsford Road.
Easy walk from Upcast Lane to Clay Lane and around Row-of-Trees.
Walk from Moor Lane to Mobberley Golf Course passing through Nature Reserve.
This pleasant walk takes in some less well known parts of Wilmslow and Alderley Edge. There are lots of horses along this route and some pleasant views of Alderley Edge and its big houses.
This is a short walk around Lindow Moss. The area became famous when Lindow Man was discovered by peat cutters in August 1984. The footpath skirts the edge of Lindow Moss where peat is still extracted. There is a Lindow Moss website here and you can find information about Lindow Man here. This route keeps to the public footpaths, but there are many unofficial routes across the moss.
Great and flat walk from Mobberley to Mountpleasant Farm.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.