During this easy circular walk, You will discover Tehidy Woods along Illogan BR 2 trail and North cliffs using a small section of the South West Coast path.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Park your car at Tehidy Woods, North car park.
(D/A) At the end of the car park, past the gate, go straight until you reach a T-junction.
(1) Turn right, then go straight ahead ignoring paths both sides until you join a track. Go past a large gate and continue until you reach the B3301 road. Cross over the road and follow the path in front of you leading to North Cliffs coastal path.
(2) Bear left along the cliff and follow this way until you join a car park. Turn left towards the entrance and cross over the main road again heading to the public footpath. follow the path along fields, cross over two tracks and go through several gates until you enter Coombe village.
(3) Turn left walking along the road for 150 metres and bear left to the public footpath before the house when the road bends right. Walk this peaceful large path for 1 mile following the blue arrow until you reach a fork. Bear left slightly going up until a junction (gate with a private land signpost in front of you).
(4) Go up left leading to a junction signpost. Turn right following "East Road Lodge 1 mile, Portreath 2 1/4 miles". The path goes next to a private property surrounded by a fence and a hedge.
(5) When you meet a track on your left (signpost with a blue and a red arrow in front of you), take it and follow this track which bends left ignoring a path on your right until you reach the first T-junction. Turn right to the path used at the beginning of the walk which leads to your car.(D/A)
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 285ft - Tehidy Woods, North car park
1 : mi 0.14 - alt. 302ft - T-junction
2 : mi 0.75 - alt. 259ft - Coastal path
3 : mi 1.92 - alt. 102ft - Illogan BR 2
4 : mi 2.95 - alt. 259ft - Junction with signpost
5 : mi 3.13 - alt. 246ft - Property gate
D/A : mi 3.49 - alt. 285ft - Tehidy Woods, North car park
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
This circular walk in varied paths provides a way to Discover the largest area of woodland in West Cornwall named Tehidy Country Park. Then, you will enjoy as well North cliffs and beautiful Carvannel Downs along Portreath coast.
This walk explores the beautiful cliffs leading to the end of St Ives Bay and Godrevy Point in front of the island.
This beautiful walk explores Chapel Porth, Wheal Coates and Trevaunance Cove walking along a section of the South West Coast path. You will discover St Agnes Beacon viewpoint and St Agnes village as well!
This circular walk with ascends and descents provides a way to discover St Ives Bay leading to Porthminster Point along the gorgeous coastal path including Hayle, PorthKidney, Carbis Bay and Porthminster beaches!
This circular walk provides a way to approach St Ives by the coast, walking along cliffs and Porthmeor Beach, then reaching St Ives Head including the gorgeous viewpoint from St Nicholas Chapel. You finally walk around the harbour.
This small circular walk along the cliff leads to Cligga Head with beautiful views at sunset. The return path uses a balcony path which goes past next to remains of mine.
This short and easy walk leads to a nice viewpoint walking around the remains of past mining activities.
This pleasant circular walk uses peaceful paths and footbridges along the reservoir and goes across meadows inland during the second part.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.