Circular route on footpaths, canal and old railway line.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Park at Offchurch Greenway CV33 9AY.
(1) Walk downhill on railway track for 100m after the bridge, turn back on path on right up to the bridge, turn left to the road. Cross into Village St and take the path on right after 30mph signs. Go to the right of the house and turn left towards the pub, take the path on right just before. Cross field with the house to left and cross gates and stiles straight onto a gully, through HS2 works to Fields Farm. Go down left hand side of the barn, follow the hedge on the right then cross over to have hedge on left and cross open field to river, go right uphill to yellow post in corner and
(2) Follow boggy fields by the river. Turn right and at yellow post go across onto track. Turn right at road then at the junction turn left for 10m, take the path to right across field-aim for trees to the right of the white house. Stile, hedge on left to opening, cross field aiming to left of trees, to yellow post stile and bridge, continue to road stile and go right uphill to crossroads.
(3) Turn right onto Fosse Way- beware traffic, no footpath. Keep on right hand side to cobbled drive at Hillcrest, cross over road into lane marked Unsuitable for Motors, The Ridgeway. Go over the railway bridge and pass Snowford House on the tarmac, then continue, crossing two minor roads, to Welsh Farm Road by the Weak Bridge Ahead sign.
(4) Cross the road and continue to the canal bridge, access to towpath is on left of the bridge and turn right along the canal. Go under the Fosseway at Fosse Wharf and continue to a large arched bridge over the canal. This is the old railway line.
(5) Turn right uphill at the Offchurch Greenway sign and follow the track back to the start.(D/A)
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 292ft - Parking Offchurch Greenway on Welsh Road
1 : mi 0.16 - alt. 262ft - Bridge over old railway track
2 : mi 1.78 - alt. 203ft - River
3 : mi 2.97 - alt. 315ft - Hunningham Crossroads
4 : mi 4.99 - alt. 223ft - Welsh Road
5 : mi 7.11 - alt. 197ft - Arched Bridge over Canal
D/A : mi 7.96 - alt. 289ft - Parking Offchurch Greenway on Welsh Road
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
A stroll through rural Warwickshire with no destination in mind. This route includes paths, country lanes and a section of the Grand Union Canal.
Starting from Long Itchington with its many pubs, this Warwickshire walk explores some delightful countryside and a section of the Grand Union Canal. The walk also follows a section of the Millenium Way.
A 5.5 mile walk, mostly in fields around southam Holt and Ladbroke and back to southam.
The route is medium difficulty, with some steep slopes.
A short circular walk that offers some wonderful views of the Warwickshire countryside. The route passes through the village of Napton on the Hill with its fine windmill.
A pleasant walk through the Warwickshire countryside. The start is Kenilworth where you have the opportunity to visit the castle. The route includes a section of Millennium Way long distance footpath.
A Warwickshire walk full of interest. The route passes a restored windmill, follows two sections of canal and visits the summit of Beacon Hill which offers good views across the surrounding countryside.
A short walk from the church at Fenny to the The Kitchen a pub in Farnborough.
A Warwickshire walk that is full of interest, visiting some pretty villages and the attractive escarpment of Ege Hill with fine views to the north. The route also uses sections of the Battlefields Trail and Centenary Way long distance footpaths.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.