The walk starts from Osbaldestone Green and follows the anticlockwise circular route via banks of River Ribble.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Start from Osbalderston Green, parking on Osbalderston Lane.
(D/A) Take path east towards Roberts House Farm. Enter farmyard and take footpath north between barns. Continue north along the west side of the hedge.
(1) Take stile onto the road and head east. Pass through the gate onto the footpath and continue east along the path. Pass through the gate and follow path north between fences along west side of Old Park Wood. Cross the bridge and continue north through the wood. Use stile to enter Old Park Wood and carefully make way north down the valley. Take footbridge over a stream and follow the path up the incline.
(2) Use stile to exit wood and head north via small pond to the farm gate. Head north along east side of wood boundary to end of the field. Re-enter Old Park Wood via a stile and make way north-west downslope to stream. Step over the stream and continue north-west up the bank.
(3) Take stile out of wood and continue north-west to the gate. Take track north-west down to Osbaldeston Hall. Pass through the gate and head west on the footpath in front of Osbalderston Hall. Use the gate to access road north-west through farm buildings to River Ribble. Pass through the gate and head west along the bank of River Ribble. Continue following the Ribble path.
(4) Take stile on the river bank to enter Flashers Wood and follow the slippery path south-west along the river bank. Take track south-east upslope towards Burr Green. Take stile into the field and head south across the field to Mercyfield Wood.
(5) Follow footpath east along the northern boundary of the wood. Cross the stile and continue east via wooden stiles along north boundary of the wood. Take metal gate onto the road and head east along the road.
(6) After Lower Studdlehurst pond takes footpath south along East side of the hedge. Cross footbridge and turn south to follow footpath south along west side of the hedge. Take stile south of the field to continue south on east side of the hedge. Cross stile keep heading south until reach gateway on the west side. At gateway head east across the field to hedge on the opposite side.
(7) Cross bridge and head to the gate at the northeast corner of the field. Pass through the gate and continue East along the hedge boundary. Take gate and path back to Osbalderston Lane.(D/A)
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 318ft - Osbalderston Lane
1 : mi 0.43 - alt. 289ft - Osbalderston Lane
2 : mi 1.04 - alt. 259ft - Old Park Wood exit
3 : mi 1.5 - alt. 135ft - Stile
4 : mi 2.86 - alt. 85ft - Flashers Wood
5 : mi 3.23 - alt. 177ft - Mercyfield Wood
6 : mi 3.81 - alt. 262ft - Lower Studdlehurst
7 : mi 4.46 - alt. 289ft - Fletcher gate
D/A : mi 4.89 - alt. 315ft - Osbalderston Lane
More details : http://www.graemelinford.com/walks/osbal...
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
The walk starts from Baker Brow above Ribchester Bridge and follows a clockwise circular route via Dinckley Bridge.
The walk starts Ribchester Arms, Ribchester and follows clockwise circular route via Duddle Wood, Higher Hud and River Ribble.
Walk starts from Witton Park car park and follows anti clockwise circular route via Billinge Wood, Houghton Bottoms and Pleasington.
The walk starts from Stockclough Lane and follows an anticlockwise circular route via Stanworth Wood, Abbeyvillage and Tockholes.
The walk starts Abbey Village main St A675 (Bolton Road) and follows clockwise circular route via Abbey Village, Rake Brook, Roddlesworth Lower and Higher Reservoirs.
The walk starts from Dean Lane off Tockholes Road and follows anticlockwise the circular route via Earnsdale Reservoir, Sunnyhurst Wood and Darwen Golf Course.
The walk starts from Ryal Fold, Tockholes Road and follows the anticlockwise circular route via Duckshaw Moor, Darwin Tower and Earnsdale Reservoir.
The walk starts from White Coppice cricket ground and follows the clockwise circular route via Wheelton Moor, Tockholes Plantation and Great Hill.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.