The walk starts from Wayfarers pub Parbold and follows the clockwise circular route via Leeds Liverpool canal, Fairy Glen and Parbold Hill.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Parking available in Wayfarers Pub car park.
(D/A) Turn South into Bradshaw Lane. Take track East on North side of stables. After passing through gate head North and take the track along South of the stream. Take path North along West side of the site of Douglas Church.
(1) Cross bridge over canal then North along Chapel Lane on way out.
(2) Take Wood Lane East.
(3) Keep heading East along the path. Follow footpath East alongside the private track.
(4) Take stile into the wood and follow paths North through Fairy Glen. Cross the footbridge and continue North along footpaths.
(5) Take footpath West on the Northside of the road to the restaurant/pub opposite viewpoint. After admiring the view take track south downslope.
(6) Cross Wood Lane and follow track South over the railway line to the canal on way back.
(7) Cross footbridge to the towpath on South of the canal, head west along the towpath until you reach (1). At bridge leave the towpath and follow path via the site of Douglas Church site and stables back to start.(D/A)
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 43ft - Wayfarers Pub car park
1 : mi 0.54 - alt. 59ft - Chapel Lane Bridge
2 : mi 0.79 - alt. 135ft - Wood Lane
3 : mi 1.42 - alt. 135ft - Crossroad
4 : mi 1.92 - alt. 184ft - Fairy Glen Falls
5 : mi 2.42 - alt. 338ft - Parbold Hill Road
6 : mi 2.82 - alt. 390ft - Viewpoint
7 : mi 3.34 - alt. 85ft - Leeds Liverpool Canal
D/A : mi 4.53 - alt. 43ft - Wayfarers Pub car park
Food and drink available in Parbold and Parbold Hill.
Parking at start.
More details : http://www.graemelinford.com/walks/fairy...
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
The walk starts at Westwood Road Wigan in order to join the canal and head south. On leaving the canal the route passes through Wigan Flashes and Turners Flash before heading back to start.
Circular walk starting from Wigan Flashes and including Bryn Gates Lane, Viridor Wood and canal towpath.
The walk starts from Bell's Lane in Lydiate and follows clockwise circular route via disused railway lane and canal towpath. A possible brief detour to St Catherine's Chapel and the oldest pub in Lancashire, Scotch Piper None.
Walk starts from Viridor Wood car park and follows anti clockwise circularroute via Viridor Wood and Three Sisters Park.
A circular route starting from Maghull centre initially following the canal and then disused rail track before heading beside Melling Brook to outskirts of Melling. Final section rejoins canal back to start.
Walk starts from Hindley Mill Lane and follows anticlockwise circular route via Borsdane Wood, Pennington Green, Kirkless Wood and Hindley Hall.
The walk starts from Mill Lane in Hindley and follows the clockwise circular route via Borsdane Wood and Westhoughton Common.
The walk starts opposite Cowburn St Hindley and follows anti-clockwise circular route around Westhoughton Common.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.