The walk starts from Penwortham water tower(01 Start on map) and follows the anticlockwise circular route via River Ribble, Howick Cross and Blashaw Wood.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Parking available near the water tower.
(D/A) Cross the main road onto Priory Lane. Briefly head north along Priory Lane. Head West along Blundell lane. Continue along Blundell Lane. Continue down Blundell Lane. Take the footpath on the east side of the golf club entrance. Pass through the metal gate. Cross beck and head north-west. Continue north on path.
(1) Head west along the river bank. Continue west beside River Ribble. Continue West along the river bank. Take the footpath on the west side of Mill Brook.
(2) Continue south on the footpath. Follow the path south-east over the stile. Cross stile in the south-east corner of the field and head south along the hedgerow. Exit via gate and head south towards houses. the path makes way between the houses.
(3) Turn east along Ratten Lane. Take next footpath going north off lane. Cross Mill Brook and continue north up the slope. Cross bridge and follow the path north between hedges.
(4) Take Howick Cross Lane northeast.
(5) Take track north to Old Hall. Take track beside farm buildings. Take path East behind the hall. Cross onto the north side of the hedge. Enter Blashaw Wood via a stile. Take the path on the north side of the clearing. Take gate onto Blashaw Lane. Follow lane east.
(6) Head north on Liverpool Road. Continue North along Liverpool Road until you're back at the start.(D/A)
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 92ft - Priory Lane
1 : mi 0.61 - alt. 36ft - River bank
2 : mi 2.35 - alt. 20ft - Footpath
3 : mi 3.42 - alt. 62ft - Ratten Lane
4 : mi 4.36 - alt. 69ft - Howick Cross Lane
5 : mi 4.88 - alt. 79ft - Old Hall
6 : mi 5.56 - alt. 79ft - Liverpool Road
D/A : mi 6.05 - alt. 92ft - Priory Lane
Food and drink available in Penwortham.
Parking at start.
More details : http://www.graemelinford.com/walks/penwo...
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
The walk starts Abbey Village main St A675 (Bolton Road) and follows clockwise circular route via Abbey Village, Rake Brook, Roddlesworth Lower and Higher Reservoirs.
The walk starts from Stockclough Lane and follows an anticlockwise circular route via Stanworth Wood, Abbeyvillage and Tockholes.
The walk starts from Osbaldestone Green and follows the anticlockwise circular route via banks of River Ribble.
The walk starts from White Coppice cricket ground and follows the clockwise circular route via Wheelton Moor, Tockholes Plantation and Great Hill.
Walk starts from Witton Park car park and follows anti clockwise circular route via Billinge Wood, Houghton Bottoms and Pleasington.
The walk starts Ribchester Arms, Ribchester and follows clockwise circular route via Duddle Wood, Higher Hud and River Ribble.
The walk starts from Dean Lane off Tockholes Road and follows anticlockwise the circular route via Earnsdale Reservoir, Sunnyhurst Wood and Darwen Golf Course.
The walk starts from Baker Brow above Ribchester Bridge and follows a clockwise circular route via Dinckley Bridge.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.