The walk, 90% of which is on quiet country roads, on a good day offers truly brilliant country views. Many splendid views across extensive farmlands and on the latter half across the Tay Valley, the Tay Road bridge and towards the Earn river Valley.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Ample parking is available at the 'Old Church' car park at the eastern end of Quarrymill Woodland Park.
(D/A) From the parking area head towards Perth Road. Head across Perth Road.
(1) Head up the Mayfield Terrace taking the first track to the right.
(2) Continue through the farm past the stables heading up towards the hill.
(3) On reaching the tar road, turn left and then take the 'Coronation' track straight ahead that heads up the hill.
(4) Turn first left joining and continuing along the gravel road.
(5) Turn right onto the tar road and continue up the hill.
(6) At the T-junction turn right.
(7) When reaching a cottage on the right, head downhill passing through Balthayock.
(8) Turn right at the T-junction and continue until reaching the 'Jubilee Car Park'.
(9) Turn left onto a track leading into the woods.
(10) Reaching houses continue on the downhill track.
(11) Cross the road and continue down the path.
(12) Cross Langley Drive.
(13) Turn right into what looks like a tarred driveway, it continues down behind gardens to Muirhall Road, turn left and follow downhill.
(14) At Gannochy Road, turn right then first left and down Pitcullen Terrace.
(15) Left into Dupplin Road and right onto the A94.
(16) Between the first two villa's on the left 100 yds on is a pathway with walls on either side, that leads through to Kincarrathie Crescent, turn left then right into Isla Road.
(17) Turn into the Quarrymill Woodland Park and follow the path along the Annaty Burn back to the starting point.(D/A)
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 112ft - Car park
1 : mi 0.17 - alt. 125ft - Mayfield Terrace
2 : mi 0.37 - alt. 174ft - Stables
3 : mi 0.52 - alt. 187ft - Tar road
4 : mi 0.88 - alt. 249ft - Gravel road
5 : mi 1.22 - alt. 279ft - Tar road
6 : mi 2.54 - alt. 535ft - T junction
7 : mi 4 - alt. 548ft - Cottage
8 : mi 5.66 - alt. 312ft - T junction
9 : mi 7.78 - alt. 476ft - Track into woods
10 : mi 8.17 - alt. 427ft - Downhill track
11 : mi 8.29 - alt. 374ft - Corsie Hill Road
12 : mi 8.53 - alt. 299ft - Langley Drive
13 : mi 8.64 - alt. 276ft - Tarred driveway
14 : mi 9.13 - alt. 115ft - Gannochy Road
15 : mi 9.42 - alt. 82ft - Dupplin Road
16 : mi 9.49 - alt. 85ft - Walled path
17 : mi 10.1 - alt. 39ft - Quarrymill Woodland Park
D/A : mi 10.99 - alt. 112ft - Car park
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.