Starting from Sidling Lane Nature Reserve travelling along the edge of the reserve before crossing the railway line to continue over open farmland and country lanes to re-enter via the woodland section of the reserve.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Parking in Nature reserve car park. Take Siding Lane West (away from dual carriageway). Pass beside the yellow gate to continue southwest along the path.
(1) Ascend embankment south (left) by the narrow path to very carefully cross rail track, it's still in use, via metal gates. Continue south on the path beside Nursery Plantation.
(2) Cross Dairy Farm Lane to pick up footpath opposite and continue South along the field boundary. Continue southwest along the field boundary.
(3) Continue on Moss Nook Lane as it passes through Inglenook farmyard. Refreshments here in the farm shop. Take footpath South (right) beside Rainford Bypass.
(4) Turn West (right) down the lane. Follow farm track as it turns southwest (left) beside Mossnook Farm. At paths, junction take path West (right).
(5) Follow track southwest (left) along the side of Claires Moss Plantation. Turn northwest (right) along Mossborough Hall Lane. Follow track southwest (left) towards Bunker Hill
(6) Turn North (right) along Coach Road. Continue North past Dairy Farm Road. Continue North over railtrack.
(7) Having passed through gateway turn southeast (right) along Ben Lane footpath. Leave Ben Lane by taking farm track South (right).
(8) Turn East (left) alongside the rail track.
(9) Turn South (right) to take the path beside the pond.
(10) Turn East (left) taking the path through woodland. Ascend steps northeast and follow path East back to car park.(D/A)
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 161ft - Start
1 : mi 0.73 - alt. 154ft - Railtrack
2 : mi 1.31 - alt. 135ft - Dairy Farm
3 : mi 1.74 - alt. 128ft - Moss Nook
4 : mi 1.93 - alt. 131ft - Exit Bypass
5 : mi 3.32 - alt. 151ft - Claires Moss
6 : mi 5.17 - alt. 148ft - Coach Road
7 : mi 6.61 - alt. 144ft - Ben Lane
8 : mi 7.43 - alt. 161ft - Railtrack
9 : mi 7.48 - alt. 167ft - Pond
10 : mi 7.95 - alt. 167ft - Pitheads
D/A : mi 8.19 - alt. 161ft - The End
Parking at start WA11 7SR.
Bus 38 to start.
More info : www.graemelinford.com/walks/rainford_siding_lane.html
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Route initially along Rainford Linear Park before heading over open countryside back to start.
8m circular walk starting from Beacon Park then via Dean Brook to Roby Mill onto Ashurst Beacon and back to Beacon Park. Good views over Winter Hill and Mersey Estuary on the route.
6m circular walk starting from the base of Billinge Hill and ascending it to enjoy views from the highest point in Merseyside. The descent passes through woodland on route to Orrell Waterpark. The return route follows the west flank of Billinge Hill with more great views over Welsh and Cheshire hills back to start.
Starting from Orrell Waterpark then follows lower slopes of Billinge Hill before ascending to Winstanley College and back to the waterpark. Good views over Mersey, Winter Hill and Cheshire hills.
5m circular route crossing Carr Mill via causeway onto a rising farmland section leading to Newton Rd. Extensive views over Mersey Plain, Manchester and Cheshire Heights from this midway point. Return route is via open farmland leading to woodland section back to lakeside.
Circular walkleaving Billinge by Garswood Rd, crossing Barton Clough on route to Chair Wood and then via Longshaw to top of Billinge Hill before descending back to Billinge. Excellent views over Merseyside, Pennines, Welsh and Cheshire hills from the highest point in Merseyside.
6m circular walk around Carr Mill Dam, Sankey Valley Canal and Burgy Park.
The walk starts from Wayfarers pub Parbold and follows the clockwise circular route via Leeds Liverpool canal, Fairy Glen and Parbold Hill.
More details : http://www.graemelinford.com/walks/fairy...
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.