Great and flat walk from Smith Lane to Booths Mere.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Begin this walk on Smith Lane and take the footpath (opposite Smith Lane Farm) to Broadoak Lane after carefully crossing the railway line.
(1) Cross Broadoak Lane and take the footpath ahead, just to the left of Broad Oak Farm, along the North Cheshire Way. There are many horses along this stretch of the walk.
(2) After Parkgate Farm turn left along Parkgate Lane and then left at Mobberley Road. Carry on a short while and turn right into Shaw Drive and then left into Overfields and carry on until the children's playing field.
(3) Turn right after the playing field and walk through St Johns Wood.
(4) Turn left on exiting the wood into Boothfields and follow this until it meets Longridge and turn left.
(5) After a short while, take the footpath on the right across the heathland. Follow the paths on the right to view Booths Mere and then return to the footpath towards Pavement Lane. Turn right here towards Springwood Farm along a very pleasant route.
(6) Turn left towards Glevehouse Farm. Note the footpath around Glevehouse farm has been redirected slightly and the new route is well signposted. Follow the footpath from Glevehouse Farm towards Town Lane, viewing the ponds on the left.
(7) Turn right at Town Lane and then left along the footpath just before a farm and continue across fields and over a stream on the footbridge towards the Church and Church Lane.
(8) Turn left at Church Lane and then left along the track at Dairy Farm. Turn right at Valewood Farm and then left a little further along towards the start of the walk at Smithlane Farm.(D/A)
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 157ft - Smith Lane
1 : mi 0.38 - alt. 167ft - Broadoak Lane
2 : mi 1.33 - alt. 180ft - Parkgate Farm
3 : mi 2.02 - alt. 177ft - St Johns Wood
4 : mi 2.23 - alt. 197ft - Boothfields
5 : mi 2.5 - alt. 197ft - Footpath
6 : mi 3.49 - alt. 194ft - Glevehouse Farm
7 : mi 4.42 - alt. 220ft - Town Lane
8 : mi 4.89 - alt. 203ft - Church Lane
D/A : mi 5.86 - alt. 164ft - Smith Lane
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Great and flat walk from Mobberley to Mountpleasant Farm.
Nice and flat walk from Lady Lane to Valewood Farm.
Easy and flat walk from Wood Lane to Higherhouse Farm.
Nice and flat walk from Mobberley to Paddockhill Lane.
Circular and flat walk from Noahs Ark Lane to Carter Lane.
Great walk from Castle Mill Lane to Kell House Farm.
This a pleasant little walk and sadly part of it is disappearing under concrete. Manchester Airport have developed on either side of Sunbank Lane. There was a petition to stop it but sadly it failed. There are some before and after pictures on the slideshow.
Great walk through Little Watford, Over Peover, Snelson and Marthall.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.