Great walk from Stubby Lane to Chelford passing next to reservoirs.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Walk down the lane to Astle and turn right along the lane just before Astle Farm West. Take the straight path on the left just before the farm towards St John’s Church and the attractive vicarage.
(1) Turn right at the main road and left at the small roundabout into Peover Lane.
(2) Turn right after a short distance and proceed along the footpath towards Chelford Road. This stretch of footpath is quite magical. The Hazel bushes form a long tunnel.
(3) Turn left at Chelford Road and continue into Chelford, which holds an agricultural market on certain days of the week.
(4) Turn right into Dixon Drive and take the footpath on the right at the end of the Drive.
(5) Follow the path under the railway line and cross some fields towards Alderley Road.
(6) Cross Alderley Road and follow the footpath to Bloor’s Pit’s and then across fields to view the mere. Continue through George’s Wood.
(7) Turn right into Stubby Lane and turn right onto Chelford Road and walk the short distance back to the start of the walk.(D/A)
D : mi 0 - alt. 266ft - Chelford Road
1 : mi 1.08 - alt. 259ft - Holmes Chapel Road
2 : mi 1.49 - alt. 259ft - Footpath
3 : mi 1.74 - alt. 259ft - Chelford Road
4 : mi 1.99 - alt. 256ft - Dixon Drive
5 : mi 2.3 - alt. 253ft - Railway line
6 : mi 2.67 - alt. 253ft - Alderley Road
7 : mi 3.64 - alt. 272ft - Stubby Lane
A : mi 3.85 - alt. 282ft - Chelford Road
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
This is a lovely short walk through delightful woodland, quiet lanes and passes beautiful Brook House Farm.
This walk is along a number of quiet roads and footpaths.
This is a lovely walk through woodland, along quiet roads and bridleways.
Great circular walk from Nether Alderley to Hocker Lane.
Lovely walk around the Wilmslow Golf Course from Chelford Road to Knutsford Road.
Great walk through Little Watford, Over Peover, Snelson and Marthall.
In spring there are delightful patches of bluebells along some paths.
Great walk through the picturesque village of Over Peover starting and ending from The Dog.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.