The Chemin des Amoureux (Lovers' Path) takes you up the Laudot valley toward Cammazes. You return on the GR7.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Start from the car park at the bottom of the Lac de Saint-Ferréol, at the Hermitage.
(D/A) With your back to the lake, follow the variant of the GR7 southeast.
(1) On the hairpin bend, leave the GR and take the little path opposite that's closed by large rocks. This is the Chemin des Amoureux that you'll follow on a gentle slope.
(2) Descend and cross the stream that's often dry. Ignore the small path that climbs up to the right and continue straight on.
(3) At an esplanade with the stream that has just flowed into the Laudot, turn to the right before crossing the stream. A path climbs up to the plateau.
(4) As you come out onto the plateau, follow the path that joins the forest a hundred or so metres further on. At the following intersection, turn right.
(5) Turn left as you come out of the forest toward the esplanade. Ignore the path that leads to the stream.
(6) Turn right and continue to rejoin the GR.
(7) You are now on the GR7 that you descend to your right and which leads you back to the car park (D/A).
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 1184ft
1 : mi 0.6 - alt. 1434ft - Start of the Chemin des Amoureux
2 : mi 1.35 - alt. 1588ft - Cross the stream
3 : mi 1.96 - alt. 1798ft - Esplanade with a stream
4 : mi 2.36 - alt. 1991ft - Come out onto a plateau
5 : mi 2.59 - alt. 1946ft - Exit the forest and turn left
6 : mi 2.63 - alt. 1942ft - Turn right
7 : mi 2.78 - alt. 1864ft - GR7 Intersection
D/A : mi 4.36 - alt. 1184ft
We advise taking IGN maps with you on this walk. Click here to buy : 2244O, 2344OT.
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Global average : 4/5
Number of opinions : 1
Description quality : 4/5
Routemap quality : 4/5
Walk interest : 4/5
Global average : 4 / 5
Date of walk
Description quality : Good
Routemap quality : Good
Walk interest : Good
Great walk, well in excess of 7km. Dry streams and many of the paths were flooded. The description in the 2nd half is fuzzy. Still very enjoyable
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.