Walk through beautiful countryside surroundings with a wonderful selection of birds and a stop a The Flowing Spring pub.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D) From Clayfield Copse car park, take the path on the right hand edge by the tennis courts which leads to the back of the copse onto Foxhill Lane.
(1) Turn right onto the lane and after a few hundred yards take the bridleway on the left which takes you to Church Lane. Loddon Brewery and Dunsden Green Farm are immediately on your left.
(2) Turn right down Church Lane and then right at the end into Dunsden Way. After the row of houses on the left of the road, take the footpath through the farm gate across and down the hill.
(3) At the bottom, turn left along the line of hedges parallel with Henley Road until you reach steps opposite the pub.
(4) Turn right, climb steps opposite the pub and follow Spring Lane. After a few hundred meters, take the footpath on your left and follow it until you reach Playhatch Road.
(5) Turn right onto Playhatch Road. After a few meters, turn right again to walk on the footpath parallel to the road.
(6) Cross Playhatch Road, pass the roundabout and take Henley Road.
(7) Turn right onto Caversham Park Road.
(8) Turn right to join the Copse. Walk toward the north then west back to the car park.(A)
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 276ft - Clayfield Copse car park
1 : mi 0.44 - alt. 285ft - Foxhill Lane
2 : mi 0.96 - alt. 256ft - Church Lane
3 : mi 1.72 - alt. 131ft - Bottom
4 : mi 1.83 - alt. 141ft - Pub
5 : mi 2.26 - alt. 115ft - Playhatch Road
6 : mi 2.7 - alt. 115ft - Roundabout
7 : mi 3.19 - alt. 125ft - Caversham Park Road
8 : mi 3.86 - alt. 243ft
D/A : mi 4.43 - alt. 276ft - Clayfield Copse car park
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Lovely walk through the countryside passing by Binfield Heath - Shiplake - Thames - Sonning.
Nice walk from The Flowing Spring pub around Playhatch, Dunsden and Binfield Heath.
Nice walk from The Flowing Spring pub around Playhatch and Dunsden.
Nice walk from The Flowing Spring pub around Playhatch, Dunsden, Crowsley Park and Binfield Heath.
This Oxforshire walk includes a pleasant section of walking along the Thames Path with a section across the rolling hills to the north of the river.
Lovely walk along the Thames from Reading Station to The Flowing Spring pub.
A long and interesting walk through Crowsley Park with only a few uphill sections.
A medium length walk over fairly flat terrain through two adjacent villages and surrounding woodland.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.