Lovely walk through the countryside passing by Binfield Heath - Shiplake - Thames - Sonning.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Cross the Henley Road and climb steps opposite pub. Turn right and follow the path. At the top of the hill there is a crossroads of dirt tracks. Go straight across.
(1) Arrive in Dunsden Way in Binfield Heath and turn right. Shortly after the post box on the right hand side, turn right onto the footpath, down the side of two fields.
(2) Continue through Shiplake Copse (famous for its bluebells in Spring) and all the way down towards Shiplake Cross, through an iron kissing gate and left which joins Plough Lane.
(3) Turn right and then cross the Henley Road into Church Lane. At the end of the road bear right onto the gravel track and then left towards the College boathouses.
(4) Cross the footbridge and follow the Thames Path to Sonning.
(5) Then follow the route through Sonning Eye back to the pub. (D/A)
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 138ft - The Flowing Spring
1 : mi 0.78 - alt. 308ft - Dunsden Way
2 : mi 1.36 - alt. 289ft - Shiplake Copse
3 : mi 2.29 - alt. 210ft - Plough Lane
4 : mi 2.84 - alt. 125ft - Footbridge
5 : mi 4.9 - alt. 118ft - Sonning Bridge
D/A : mi 5.76 - alt. 138ft - The Flowing Spring
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Nice walk from The Flowing Spring pub around Playhatch, Dunsden, Crowsley Park and Binfield Heath.
Nice walk from The Flowing Spring pub around Playhatch and Dunsden.
Nice walk from The Flowing Spring pub around Playhatch, Dunsden and Binfield Heath.
This Oxforshire walk includes a pleasant section of walking along the Thames Path with a section across the rolling hills to the north of the river.
Walk through beautiful countryside surroundings with a wonderful selection of birds and a stop a The Flowing Spring pub.
Easy walking with some mild slopes, road crossings and muddy areas.
Easy walking throughout but can be muddy in places.
Easy lakeside walking with two busy road crossings.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.