Significant road walking, though the majority is on quiet lanes. The coast path is rocky in places.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) From the car park entrance, turn left and follow the road to the main beach. Either walk along the beach or the promenade to the far side of the bay.
(1) Turn right and walk past a car park on the right to a T-junction (B4545) and turn left. Take the first right (Lôn Towyn Capel) and follow the road for about half a mile, with glimpses of an arm of the Inland Sea on your right. Keep left at the entrance to a private road (with a “no through road” sign) and pass Bod I Arddur on the left and the entrance to Trearddur Bay Country Park on the right.
(2) Beyond a house on the right and within sight of a roundabout, turn right onto a cycleway which shortly passes Trefignath Burial Chamber, accessible via a stile on the right. Return to the cycleway and continue parallel to the A55, with Tŷ Mawr standing stone visible to the left (closer views are obtainable via a path on the left). Follow the cycle path under a road bridge then turn immediately left through a metal kissing gate. Join the road at a roundabout and continue to a second, where you turn right into Kingsland.
(3) Shortly, turn left into Mill Road, passing the old windmill on your left. Follow the road for about half a mile, with a football ground (the New Stadium, home of Holyhead Hotspur) away to your left. Just before the road bends right, turn left into a driveway, with signs to ‘Overdale’ and other properties. Pass three houses on the left at the top of the rise then leave the driveway on a footpath on the left (before a house on the right and a junction of tracks). Follow the path through a gate, over a stile then along a field edge. Turn right into a hedged path after a kissing gate and join a driveway, with a golf course on your left. Follow the driveway past a few houses and out to the road.
(4) Turn left past Porth y Post beach then join the coastal path, signposted on your right. Follow the path round the broad headland and back to the road above Porth y Pwll beach. Turn right along the road right past a few houses, then turn right into a driveway (with a coast path signpost) dropping to a pebble beach then passing behind a prominent house on a headland.
(5) Return to the road and turn right past Porth yr Afon beach. From this point on, you can stay on the road if you prefer, but by way of interest, turn right after the beach and follow a permitted path around a headland to the next beach, and then do the same round a second headland. On returning to the road, continue to the end of the main beach.
(1) Turn right along the promenade or walk along the sands as you prefer. At the far end of the beach, turn right to return to the Seacroft.(D/A)
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 26ft - Car park
1 : mi 0.54 - alt. 16ft - Car park
2 : mi 1.77 - alt. 49ft - Trefignath Burial Chamber
3 : mi 2.64 - alt. 62ft - Mill Road/Ffordd y Felin
4 : mi 3.89 - alt. 43ft - Lon Isallt
5 : mi 4.34 - alt. 23ft - Lon Isallt
D/A : mi 5.69 - alt. 26ft - Car park
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Rocky paths in places, and boggy after rain around Seacroft.
Boggy or rocky in places; take care near cliff edges.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.