Easy walk from Upcast Lane to Clay Lane and around Row-of-Trees.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Take the straight footpath from Upcast Lane and turn left at Clay Lane. Follow the path around to Gore Lane Farm and continue across Edge View Lane and across some fields until you reach Prospect Cottages.
(1) Turn left here along the footpath.
(2) Turn left at Gore Lane. Continue up to Edge View Lane on the right and follow the track back towards Clay Lane.
(3) Turn right at Clay Lane where you may see Alpaca’s in the fields.
(4) After some farm building on the left at a bend in the track, take the footpath on the right towards Row-of-Trees. This is a very attractive stretch.
(5) Turn left at Knutsford Road and take the short and overgrown footpath to Upcast Lane on your left. This will take you back to the start of the walk.(D/A)
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 236ft - Upcast Lane
1 : mi 0.55 - alt. 233ft - Cottage
2 : mi 1.47 - alt. 236ft - Gore Lane
3 : mi 1.94 - alt. 226ft - Clay Lane
4 : mi 2.09 - alt. 240ft - Farm building
5 : mi 2.58 - alt. 240ft - Knutsford Road
D/A : mi 2.93 - alt. 236ft - Upcast Lane
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
This pleasant walk takes in some less well known parts of Wilmslow and Alderley Edge. There are lots of horses along this route and some pleasant views of Alderley Edge and its big houses.
Walk from Moor Lane to Mobberley Golf Course passing through Nature Reserve.
This is a short walk around Lindow Moss. The area became famous when Lindow Man was discovered by peat cutters in August 1984. The footpath skirts the edge of Lindow Moss where peat is still extracted. There is a Lindow Moss website here and you can find information about Lindow Man here. This route keeps to the public footpaths, but there are many unofficial routes across the moss.
There are a few farms along the route, farm animals to see and a surprising number of wildflowers.
An interesting, level walk around the peatlands and heathlands of Lindow Moss, passing two attractive lakes.
Historic farmhouses, a picturesque lake and wildlife-rich woodland and peatland.
Farmland walking along tracks and field paths, returning via Saltersley Hall and an area of heathery peatland.
Beautiful walk from Fulshaw Cross to Alderley Golf Course.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.