A nice walk around the Vilsalpsee lake to the waterfall and then taking the ascent to the higher lake, Traualpsee, and the refuge.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Parking is available at Traualpsee, next to the starting point. This can also be reached using the local bus service from Haldensee.
(D) From the parking/bus stop, walk in front of the Fischerstube to the track.
(1) Turn left and take the good track with Vilsalpsee on your left. At the end of the lake, the path will split.
(2) At the split, go straight ahead and continue straight ahead at the next junction (5)
(3) At the farm, continue on the valley bottom path until it eventually becomes a track. It will join and cross the stream from the waterfall and will lead to the base of the falls.
(4) From the waterfall, follow the path back to (5)
(5) Turn right at the junction and follow the track with Vilsalpsee on your left. The path turns left and follows the lakeshore in an east-north-east direction.
(6) At some buildings, turn right to follow the signpost and then, follow the path uphill via zig-zags to Traualpsee and the refuge.
(7) Follow the path back downhill to (6) Then, turn right and follow the lake side track back to the car park/bus stop (D/A)
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 3829ft - Car park
1 : mi 0.08 - alt. 3835ft
2 : mi 0.96 - alt. 3839ft - Path split
3 : mi 1.2 - alt. 3878ft - Vilsalpe - Vilsalpe
4 : mi 2.13 - alt. 4232ft - Bergaicht Wasserfall - Bergaicht Wasserfall
5 : mi 3.25 - alt. 3848ft - Junction
6 : mi 3.97 - alt. 3852ft
7 : mi 5.17 - alt. 5384ft - Obere Traualpe - Obere Traualpe
D/A : mi 6.99 - alt. 3829ft - Car park
Refreshments are available at the start, at the farm (3) and at the refuge (7)
Easy route finding and mostly easy terrain. Light walking boots or approach shoes would be useful.
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Nice views around the lake and of the mountains.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.