Lovely parts of the walk are with swathes of Bluebells along the steep banks down to the River Bollin in Spring.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) This walk begins at the main car park in Wilmslow. From the car park head towards the railway station on Station Road.
(1) Turn left after the railway bridge into Wilmslow Park South. Follow this road down to the bridge over the River Bollin and take the footpath on the right along the River Bollin. Follow the path with the river to your left until reaching the bridge over Adlington Road.
(2) Cross the road, turn left and take the footpath immediately on your right. The River Bollin will now be on your right hand side. Continue on this pleasant route until reaching Newton Hall Farm.
(3) Turn right at Mill Lane and turn left along the River Bollin before Mill Farm (Note the footpath slightly further along has been washed away by the river). Continue to Willot Hall, down to Top o’ th’ Hill and take the footpath on the right towards Mottram Hall.
(4) Cross the wooden bridge across the River Bollin and turn right. This is a lovely part of the walk in Spring with swathes of Bluebells along the steep banks down to the River Bollin. Take the path on the left across Mottram Hall Golf Course.
(5) Cross Wilmslow Road and head up Priest Lane to Mobberley. Take the footpath some distance down Alderley Road on the right and head for Hough Green Farm and Hough Lane.
(6) Turn right at Hough Lane and after a short distance take the footpath on the left to Heyes Lane.
(7) Continue across Heyes Lane along a track and turn right onto the footpath before reaching the gate. Follow the footpath back to Heyes Lane and turn left.
(8) After a very short distance take the overgrown footpath on the left. Continue along the route to the A538, cross the road and turn left.
(9) Cross the bypass using the footbridge and walk under the railway bridge towards Wilmslow High School. Take the footpath on the right alongside the railway line and follow the footpath back towards the car park and the start of the walk.(D/A)
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 272ft - Main car park in Wilmslow
1 : mi 0.18 - alt. 256ft - Railway bridge
2 : mi 0.8 - alt. 240ft - Adlington Road
3 : mi 2.46 - alt. 272ft - Mill Lane
4 : mi 4.27 - alt. 295ft - Wooden bridge
5 : mi 5.63 - alt. 400ft - Wilmslow Road
6 : mi 7.17 - alt. 295ft - Hough Lane
7 : mi 7.57 - alt. 279ft - Heyes Lane
8 : mi 8.08 - alt. 295ft - Overgrown footpath
9 : mi 8.77 - alt. 253ft - Bypass
D/A : mi 9.15 - alt. 272ft - Main car park in Wilmslow
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
This walk starts from Wilmslow Park and follow River Bollin to Handforth.
Nice walk around Wilmslow and across the River Bollin.
Beautiful walk from Fulshaw Cross to Alderley Golf Course.
This interesting walk through Pownall Park takes in Carnival Fields and St. Olaf's Chapel which was built by the Boddington Family. Sadly, it is now just a ruin. Some of this route follows public footpaths through the Pownall Park area which are now are pretty much back alleys through the area.
There are a few farms along the route, farm animals to see and a surprising number of wildflowers.
Lindow Common is a very popular area and is well worth a visit in its own right. The common is crisscrossed by numerous footpaths and contains the Black Lake. It’s worthwhile exploring areas away from Black Lake where there are some small pools and expanses of heather. There is a lot of conservation work being carried out on the common which is designed to keep its open aspect and to protect wildlife and fauna. It is designated as a site of special scientific interest.
Lovely flat walk from Heyes Lane to Prestbury Road.
Easy walk from Upcast Lane to Clay Lane and around Row-of-Trees.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.