Circular walk from Woodford Church passing by woods and fields.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D/A) Start at Woodford Church and walk down Old Hall Lane. Take the second footpath on the right after Old Hall Farm at the start of Aero Golf Course. Follow the footpath around the golf course and follow the footpath out through Dairyhouse Wood. Continue on past Isles Wood and past the water treatment plant towards Mill Lane
(1) Turn right at Mill Lane and cross the road. Take the footpath on the left towards Collin’s wood.
(2) Cross Bonis Hall Lane to Top o’ th’ Hill and turn right and cross several fields to Wilmslow Road. The last stretch of the footpath runs down a long drive.
(3) Take the footpath on the left over the road from Jackson’s Garage and continue on until reaching Mill Lane by the River Bollin.
(4) Turn right at Mill Lane and continue across Wilmslow Road into Woodford Lane and continue to the footpath directly through Lumb Farm. This footpath leads back to Old Hall Lane.
(5) Turn left and continue back to the church and the start of the walk.(D/A)
D/A : mi 0 - alt. 302ft - Woodford Church
1 : mi 1.78 - alt. 302ft - Mill Lane
2 : mi 2.61 - alt. 325ft - Bonis Hall Lane
3 : mi 3.24 - alt. 295ft - Footpath
4 : mi 3.74 - alt. 256ft - Mill Lane
5 : mi 4.88 - alt. 276ft - Old Hall Lane
D/A : mi 5.37 - alt. 305ft - Woodford Church
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
This circular walk crosses greenbelt land at Handforth Dean which may soon be built on. This is a great shame as this area is pretty unspoiled.
This walk starts from Wilmslow Park and follow River Bollin to Handforth.
This is a lovely walk up a gentle incline to Styperson Pool and above to Long Lane. There are good views towards Alderley Edge and Bollington.
Lovely parts of the walk are with swathes of Bluebells along the steep banks down to the River Bollin in Spring.
A very pleasant walk at any time of the year, but particularly good in spring when the bluebells are out. This walk is a little steep up towards Clock House Woods. There are lovely views all along the route, beautiful woodlands and a small Lake as you enter the grounds of Hare Hill. Hare Hill has a colorful display of Rhododendrons in Spring and the walled gardens are well worth a visit. Hare Hill is a National Trust Property.
A route that takes in the delights of the countryside surrounding Lyme Park
Nice walk around Wilmslow and across the River Bollin.
This interesting walk through Pownall Park takes in Carnival Fields and St. Olaf's Chapel which was built by the Boddington Family. Sadly, it is now just a ruin. Some of this route follows public footpaths through the Pownall Park area which are now are pretty much back alleys through the area.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.